Painting countertops with Rustoleum is apparently a growing trend amongst DIY enthusiasts, and it is honestly not so hard to see why it receives the popularity it has now. Combined with a protective top coat, Rustoleum creates a beautiful, yet has water and heat-resistant qualities for homeowners who wish the new stunning appearance of their new kitchen will last for a long time.
In addition of being a food-safe grade for kitchen countertops, painting countertops with Rustoleum also gives you benefits of shiny, polished, and finished appearance. This is guaranteed to make your whole kitchen seems sparking. However, you need to know how to apply it properly first.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to paint countertops with Rustoleum:
- Make sure your kitchen area is ventilated properly first by using fans or opening windows.
- Clean the surface of the countertop by using a solution of water and detergent then rinse it with plain water before letting it dry.
- Create dull finish of the countertop by sanding and removing the sanding dust.
- Place painter’s tape to whichever area that you choose not to paint.
- Apply the Rustoleum paint on the edge areas of the countertop using a synthetic bristle brush with high quality.
- If you have larger countertop, then consider using high-density and good-quality paint foam roller to apply the paint on the broader surface to achieve smoother and better finish. To create the best possible result, try to keep your hand working lightly, not overworking the paint, and put the roller on high angle, with even and light strokes.
- You may apply only one coat if you deemed the color result to be sufficient. However, if you desire more, wait one hour before applying the second coat. You may also choose to let the paint dry for a full 24 hours before doing the next coat after the first one.
- Allow the paint to dry for a couple of hours before touching it and three days before using it normally. You may need more drying time before you can use the countertop if you live in more humid area.
Putting new color on your countertop is one of the easiest ways to transform the entire look of your kitchen area. If it’s done correctly, you won’t need to put out much budget for it. Painting countertops with Rustoleum properly with the right and regular maintenance will result in fresh look for many upcoming years.